Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Yes, I know, I don't deserve to use this blog

but I'm going to anyway.

First of all I was wondering if anyone (AB or Miller kids), know anything about GAI bottlers. The 3003 series is in Milwaukee and St. Louise on their pilot plants. I don't know if any of you corporate kids know anything about them.

Secondly....Sheboygan, really, what the fuck? Tell us more.

Thirdly, I should have written months, and months ago to say that I am currently living in Enterprise, OR, working at Terminal Gravity Brewing. (It says so in the new brochure and everything.) It's truly in the middle of nowhere, but it's an amazing place to live. The county is a little over 3,000 sq miles, with a population of 7,000 people. I live in the county seat with a population of a whopping 2,200. It's a pseudo mountain town at 4,000ft elevation, and the snow started falling a couple of weeks ago. My favorite fact is that we are 70 miles away from the nearest stoplight...there aren't even any in the county. It sounds pretty crazy, and it sort of is, but so far it's been a pretty great adventure.

I hope everyone is enjoying their new jobs/situations/career paths.

Cheers,
Kari

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Kari? Kari who? Hey everyone, was Kari that woman who tried to save cancer and was always bobbing her head up and down in class after everything Lewis said? Who let her in on the blog? ;)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You'll notice that "Wisconsin" had been removed from my hoodie in some pics on the Davis extension website.

More on my career change later!

2:14 PM  
Blogger sethatuml said...

Holy Bajeezus! At least someone is still in the brewing biz. From what I understand, Gasparini and Snyder are no longer in the field of making beer. Paying the bills is tough.

And no, I don't know much about the packaging side of things IE those hoopajoo bottles you had mentioned. I tend to keep to the cold side of the wall, where they make the beer.

Hows the craft life going, besides everything being amazing, awesome, and wonderful? Can we arraing a trade of jobs for a day or two? I mean, I love being vastly overpaid for playing with expensive toys that only function with beer in them, but I could really go for a position that doesn't include 73% corporate bullshit and red tape when I want to get something accomplished.

Oh yeah, did you every hear about the Eric Wyers incident after the brewers banquet?

10:16 PM  
Blogger sethatuml said...

PS why is everything on the terminal gravity website written in latin?

10:22 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

What happened to Wyers afterwards? I only remember the whole, "fuck you, dudes in suits!" or whatever he shouted at all the banker types.

6:57 PM  
Blogger sethatuml said...

He stormed out of the building with his girlfriend/wife, got into his Mustang, and peeled out of the parking lot and rode off into the sunset.

Apparently, he got the internship job at Trumer working with Darren, but realized that $10/hr was not going to cut it and quit. Presumably, he went back to working in a more conventional workplace, or moved into the mountains.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home